Sleepless and Sweet Dreams

posted on: Thursday, July 15, 2010



So, the last couple of weeks the typical sleepless nights of the third trimester everybody hears about have snuck up on me. No matter how many pillows I stuff between my knees, put under my back or how many times I flip over, I can't seem to count more than a few sheep every hour. Add on top of that the trips to the powder room my nights seem to be preparing me for those new mommy nights I hear so much about. :)
Last night I conked out on the floor watching the dvd from our sonogram. I woke up a little disoriented. Sam said I had been asleep for a about an hour and didn't want to disturb me because he's well aware of my battle with sleep. That was the best hour of sleep I had had in quite sometime. HA!

Tonight I'm actually going to enjoy my bed and read a book I've been trying to crack open. I have a bowl of cold cut watermelon, my man in the next room practicing on the piano and preparing for his time in the recording studio this weekend and the yummy feeling of bare feet under nice, soft, cold sheets. I feel rather royal at the moment.

So, I'm hoping that in the morning I'll have a different sleeping tale to tell. But, if I don't I'm comforted by the fact that all this means soon I'm going to have my little man in my arms and a little heart to fall in love with.

Good night my little love, sweet dreams.


4 thoughts:

  1. I think your little bundle of love looks like a wonderful combo of Mommy and Daddy...Being the mother of 6 I know well the amazing joys you have in store God bless you all ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had those sleepless nights, I did what you did, which was to get out of bed and find something else to do. Oh yeah, and eat :).

    Also, just a suggestion...I'm a new reader to your blog, and I don't know if you care or not, but your last name is on those sonogram pictures, which of course are awesome! I just know that I wouldn't want my in real life last name out there. But if you don't care, then who cares. I just know that myself, and other blogging mommies do care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo sweet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! So beautiful, Jess!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...