Chicken Pot Pie

posted on: Saturday, September 25, 2010

I am surrounded by an amazing community of friends, family and fellow moms! Every time someone from our circle has a baby we set up a meal plan to bring them a yummy meal several times a week and help relieve the cabin fever that sometimes sets in with having a new baby. This whole month my friends have been bringing amazing meals and their love to Sam and I! It has been beyond amazing and so helpful.

I didn't realize how much I would actually need help in the food department after having a baby. Making a meal, or just eating in general...no biggie right? Um...no. Trying to find my grove in mommy-hood, I'm lucky if I have eaten anything by 3 o'clock. I know, I know, I should eat more, but I forget. If I have to prepare something, I'm most likely to just to blow it off. There are diapers to change, stuff to clean, my baby that needs to be fed...

Our dear friends Beth, William and their little baby girl Hannilia, (whom we affectionately call Yaya) came and brought us homemade chicken pot pie and brownies for supper! It was so much fun talking babies and laughing.




Beth topped her chicken pot pie off with a "F" and "K" made out of crust for Forest Káel! :) She's amazing!




Beth and Hannilia (Yaya is playing with Sophie.)












4 thoughts:

  1. Aw, that's a great idea, friends helping friends :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! I'm new to your blog, but not new to your "story". I watched your wedding, and wanted to say how much you inspire me! Your love for Jesus (From your other blog, Sing Louder) just captured my heart & I know He's doing wonderful things for you. Congratulations to your baby!
    Lots of love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you have such an awesome community around you! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken pot pie...I should make that more often. What is your receipe? It is so nice to receive food..with our first all we ate fro two weeks was grilled cheese and scrambled eggs. That all my husband can make!
    Love your blog have been following for awhile.
    Check out mine.
    http://www.littlebambinochildrenswear.blogspot.com
    We just launched our clothing line...
    check it out when you have time.
    http://www.littlebambino.ca

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...