Lists

posted on: Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lists, lists, lists...and MORE lists. I don't do well with electronic lists. For some strange reason I have to write my lists down, on real paper, with a real pen, for it to actually be usable to me. I spent an hour last night, compiling several lists of things that I still need to purchase, make, create and organize for Káel's birthday party, this Sunday afternoon. I LOVE this stage of party planning when everything comes together and my vision starts to become visible! The fact that my little boy is actually turning 1 has just started to hit me, in the last couple of days. I've cried a lot and found myself watching all the old videos of him from the last year, over and over, always ending with me wiping my eyes. Growing up is so amazing, but the time that my little boy was and is a baby, is only a sliver of his life and I feel like it went too fast. Did I savor every adoring coo and smile as I rocked him to sleep? Will I remember the way he felt, sleeping on my chest 5 years from now? Sigh. No more sappy sadness Jess, it's time to party! My little adventurer is this much closer to exploring life and the world he lives in!

To my lists! I'm going to try and get a big chunk knocked out before my folks get here around 3. Eeeeee!!!! Have a fantastic day! Maybe, scribble out a list? ;)

xo
Jess 

9 thoughts:

  1. list are the only way i get anything done around here. i am so forgetful if i don't write everything down. i blame it on too much recreational drug use in my younger days. or maybe it's my two children. (perhaps a deadly combo of both?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad we can't be there for Kael's party! I love you little Mr.!!! I will be living vicariously through your pictures, so please post lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love lists, feel such satisfaction when crossing something off the list! Can't wait to see the birthday posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a list writer, too? I thrive on lists--paper lists. I've tried apps and memos on my phone and computer, but they're never successful. I really like being able to scribble and mark out that task when I finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristina...i know, i teared up a couple days ago thinking about you guys not being here. i'll text you some pics while i'm setting up. sniff, sniff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I get the list thing :) I'm the same way!

    New reader here, I love the blog and am excited to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to his the pictures of his party! I'm sure it's going to be awesome. I'm too add for electronic list- I always seem to lose my phone! I use sticky notes!!

    www.summer-raye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, and if i did something successfully but forgot to jot it down...i write it on my list after the fact and cross it off. i always feel so good when i look down and see lots of marked off tasks. ;)

    yellow finch designs- oh sweet! thanks! i'm excited to stop by yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As techy as I am, I have paper lists too. There is NOTHING better than crossing off that list. Such satisfaction!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...